Saturday 23 April 2016

Disappointing products

Hello! I'm going to be talking to you about make-up, beauty and skincare products that have disappointed me and I, personally, wouldn't recommend. I'm not saying that these products 100% wouldn't work for anybody else, it's just they that I didn't get on with them or that they ran out quickly. All of these products are drugstore/high street as I haven't found anything high end that I would class as disappointing (yet)!

Garnier Simply Essentials make-up remover  ★★☆☆☆
Even though (as you can see) I have used almost all of this, it's because I had ran out of make-up remover and needed to take my make-up off. On the back, it says there is an oil (the blue) which sits on top of a clear cleansing water which you have to shake up to combine. As I have quite oily skin in my T-zone, this remover just makes it 10x more oily and I've found myself having to literally scrub off the excess oil that this product has put on my face! I don't know how this would work on dry skin but I would not recommend this for people with combination-oily skin.

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner ★★☆☆☆
I absolutely loved this product!!!! It glided onto my eyes really smoothly, didn't tug and the staying power was quite good too. I really loved this product and thought it would be my new favourite eyeliner. However.... I could only use it for about a month before it completely dried out. I can no longer use it because it is really hard, dry and bitty. This has also happened to my friend after using it for about a month too so it's not just a one off. I'm truly disappointed with this because I loved it and all of a sudden couldn't use it anymore!

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer ☆☆☆☆
As I mentioned before, I have oily skin and this primer is literally like oil in a tube! I brought it because I'd read many good reviews for it but it just doesn't work for me. Maybe it would work for more dry skin so don't 100% take my word for it, this may be an amazing primer for dry skin! I also found that, because my skin was now more oily than before, it didn't keep my makeup on for very long at all.

Pro Formula Radiance Micellar Water ☆☆☆☆

My experience with this micellar water was a living nightmare!! I used it to take my makeup off on Christmas Eve 2014 and I woke up on Christmas day with massive patches of dry, irritated and rashed skin. This was worst on my eyelids, which made it really hard to open my eyes and blink without being in pain, this lasted about 4 days. I wouldn't recommend this to anybody because it caused me serious problems.

Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner - Eastend Snob ★★★☆☆

I loved this lipliner because it was so cheap (about £3) and the staying power was amazing! But it only lasted about 1-2 weeks which I think was because there wasn't much product inside it. I have repurchased it 3-4 times now because I love it so much but I thought it was getting ridiculous that i was having to buy a new one every week or so.

I hope my experiences and opinions of these products have helped you decide whether to get them or not... Thankyou for reading!! x

Keep up with when I'm posting blogposts with my instagram: bathedinthedark



No comments:

Post a Comment