Tuesday 19 April 2016

Make-up Favourites

For my first blog post, I was pondering on what to write about. So, whilst twiddling my thumbs and racking through all of the thoughts in my brain, an idea came in to my head! I thought what would be more suitable than a make-up favourites? Considering that is what my blog will be partly about. All opinions are completely honest. I'll start with higher end products then finish off with affordable drugstore items. So here it is, my favourite makeup products of all time...

Lipstick and Lip liner: MAC 'Velvet Teddy' and MAC 'Whirl'












This is the typical 'Kylie Jenner' lip look, this pairing is absolutely perfect and complement each other really nicely. The lipstick in 'Velvet Teddy' is the matte formulation and is a very dusky pink colour which I think is the perfect pinky nude for all year round. The lip liner 'Whirl' is a little darker than the lipstick but they are an amazing pairing.

Eye Shadow: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette


I think a few of the most loved eye shadow palettes are probably the Naked palettes, which is completely understandable. The Naked 3 is very pinky toned which is perfect for Spring time but also has some darker colours if you want to opt for a more smokey look. My favourite shades which I usually go to for an everyday look are probably 'Nooner' for the crease which is a matte pink-brown and 'Trick' which is a sparkly rose gold copper shade for the lid. For a dark, party look I would go for 'Blackheart' in the crease which is a black with a hint of red shimmer in with 'Trick' again on the lid.

Primer: Nivea Men Sensitive Post-Shave Balm
I know what some of you may be thinking...Post-Shave?! But seriously, it works! Although a shaving balm may not seem like the norm for a primer, it is the best one I've used so far. The consistency is very runny and liquidy (I don't think that's a word but let's roll with it) but a little goes a long way. As it is for sensitive skin, it is very gentle and probably wont break you out with nasty spots, at least it hasn't for me yet and I've been using it for about 6 months. All you have to do is pour a small amount onto the back of your hand and rub it into your face until it becomes tacky/kind of sticky then apply your makeup over the top like a normal primer. I've noticed my makeup lasting a heck of a lot longer since using this and I would definitely say its my new holy grail primer.

Concealer: Maybelline Anti-Age Eraser Eye.
Recently I heard a lot of people raving about this product and decided to jump on the band wagon; I'm so glad I did! This concealer really brightens up my under eye area as well as any other areas of my face that I apply it (forehead, nose etc). Honestly, the only bad thing I can say about this is that the sponge on the top can get a bit gross after a while but overall, an amazing concealer.

Eyebrows: Sleek Brow Kit in Light











A few months ago I thought I'd try something different on my brows considering I'd been using my trusty brow pencil from NYX for ageeees, so I picked up this. I can honestly say this is my new favourite (which is why it's in my favourites) and I've been reaching for it every day since. There are two sections: a gel/pomade side which is what i use to sculpt my brows and a lighter powder to set it all into place. As you can see from the photo, I've been using the pomade side a lot because it is so easy to work with.


Eye base/primer: Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Creme de Rose












This eye base is part of the relatively new 'Creamy Mattes' collection in Maybelline so I thought I would try a couple out. Out of the two that I brought, I preferred Creme de Rose which is a muted dusky pink colour compared to Creme de Nude which is just nude skin colour. These glide on so well and make my eye makeup stay on longer which is a definite plus side!

I hope you enjoyed my first blogpost, follow me to keep updated! x
Follow my instagram: bathedinthedark

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy, As a start your doing great. I found you through Google. (Which means your site is visible on Google). Do you know that people are making loads of money while blogging? If you are interested in making money through your site, take a look at pennyfast.com
    I wish you all the best on your blogging career. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete